IAO Membership includes the following benefits:
Practice Management Benefits:
- Access to the IAO Legal Defense Fund, which supports the right for ALL dentists to provide quality orthodontics to their patients. This IAO program also works towards the goal that every dentist be equitably reimbursed by third party payers for orthodontic services provided.
- Free access to Caseworx, https://www.iaortho.org/caseworx-online-case-submissions, upload all your case to be worked on anywhere in the world, and shared with to anyone at anytime.
- Inclusion in the "Find a Dentist" link so patients can find your practice and other IAO members can refer patients to you
- Column in each issue of the quarterly International Journal of Orthodontics (IJO) written by a leader in team building and business management
- Tips on practice management in the Members Only Section to access at any time
Additional Educational Benefits:
- Over 130 IAO Certified Instructors worldwide who offer Orthodontic & TMD Courses
- Discount on the IAO Annual Meeting registration, which includes numerous instructors over three and a half days of courses
- Participation in the IAO course recording program which keeps records of orthodontic CE credits earned that are submitted by IAO members. The IAO course-recording program can be used in obtaining IAO Professional Advancement and notification to licensing agencies that have mandatory CE requirements.
- IAO Professional Advancement membership categories have been designed to encourage members to participate in continuing education programs from the International Board of Orthodontics (IBO). Certificates are given to IAO members when obtaining each new tier.
- Approximately 50 Orthodontic Study Clubs which offer the convenience of orthodontic seminars in areas closer to home
- A network of IAO expert reviewers who are available to IAO members who are facing peer reviews by state or provincial dental society review committees
- An extensive Video Library available for rent or online viewing.
- Subscriptions to the association’s quarterly clinical journal the International Journal of Orthodontics (IJO) and Straight Talk newsletter
- Inclusion in the Annual IAO Worldwide Directory and Referral Guide and in the online directory to receive patient and doctor referrals
- Online access to all past issues of the International Journal of Orthodontics and the AAFO's The Functional Orthodontist.
- Subscription discount to CRANIO®, the Journal of Craniomandibular & Sleep Practice. Discount applies to the online-only subscription.
- Discount on International Health Insurance for personal travel abroad (for US citizens) or a discount on Health Insurance for IAO members outside the US
- Discounts for car rentals from both Avis and Hertz